Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Don't Know Much About History

Did John Murtha fail history?
Murtha offered a rebuttal to Bush's comparison to the American experience. "If they'd have kept the French here after 1776 . . . we'd have thrown them out," he said. "And that's what I say about what's happening in Iraq right now. The Iraqis are not against democracy. They're against our occupation."
As anyone who stayed awake in class should know, it was Gates' victory overy Burgoyne at Saratoga (obviously that battled was fought after the July, 1776 Declaration) that convinced the French they should support us. They landed in Newport, Rhode Island in 1778.

I am always shocked that our elected Representative know so little about the country and its past. And that applies to all parties.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey this blog is not about debt

I have been doing hours of research on "Annuities" and it brought me to your blog on Don't Know Much About History. Anyways, SGH I was reading your blog and I think it is really cool. It’s really a pleasure reading your posts! Keep up the great work.

Keep blogging away :-)

3:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home